The Hopkins County Genealogical Society is an all-volunteer run organization. Without its volunteers, HCGS would not exist. Members, we are always looking for more help. We would be delighted if you would volunteer. Here are some ways you can help:
At the library:
- Sign up to work a shift helping patrons find their way around the library.
- Help answer Hopkins County research questions sent in via email.
- Give a short presentation at one of the monthly lunch & learns.
- Assist with the publication of our quarterly newsletter.
- Transcribe and abstract records.
- Assist with the planning and execution of one of our events like our Spring Seminar or Cemetery Walk.
Don’t live in Hopkins County? No problem. Some of our special projects can be done remotely.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com