HCGS is pleased to offer research assistance to members and non-members. While not professional genealogists, our volunteers are dedicated and experienced family historians. These volunteers will use available online sources as well as reference materials found in our local library and archives.
To submit a request by mail:
Hopkins County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 624
Sulphur Springs, Texas 75483
To submit request online:
Send e-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail will be acknowledged and a researcher will be assigned. The researcher will then contact requester to check-in and let requester know how much the query will cost.
Please include the following information with query:
- Your name
- Phone number, including area code
- e-mail address
- Name of person(s) needing information for
- Dates of birth, marriage (and to who) and death – if known – approximates dates are OK
- Where person lived in Texas – counties, towns, etc.
- Other pertinent information
Please be as specific as possible and limit query to three questions per query.