First National Bank c. 1910
THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK Located on the north side of the square, this bank was built in 1886. It was consolidated with the Sulphur Springs State Bank in 1934. The second floor housed dentist and law offices. The old building was demolished in October, 1961 for a newer, more modern building, then remodeled again in the 1970's and again in the late 1980's. The cornerstones of the building pictured were made of sandstone and each corner was dished out very deeply by gentlemen sharpening their pocketknives It is now Alliance Bank.