City Auditorium / National Guard Armory
CITY AUDITORIUM/NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY located in Buford Park, it was built in the early 1920"s and demolished in June 1982. Built as a Memorial to WW 1 veterans, guardsmen met there and it was used as a civic center ans skating rink. Other uses included boxing and baskedball tournaments, boy and girl Scout activities, and it was used in the late 50's for Junior High students when the old school building adjacent to the High School on Connally St. burned. Now this area is used for girls baseball fields.